Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 1: Get Organized #100DaysofPinterest


DAY 1: GET ORGANIZED



First I cut off the lid of the shoe box. It can remain on if you intend to close it. 

Next  “design” the box using Duct tape. The box could be painted, plastered with stickers, covered with wrapping paper or just left as is if you're in a hurry or just lazy. 

Next hot glue the bottom of the toilet paper rolls and place anywhere inside the box. 

To create larger storage tubes tear apart empty ribbon spool and hot glue together as seen here in the picture. Be sure to match up the sizes or the tubes will not be even.

Cover with Duct tape for extra stability (and it’s prettier).  Hot glue into place or not if you want to move them around. Hindsight I wish I had not glued my in place. 

The final step is to organize the supplies.

The little pink lid (bottom right picture) holding the crayons is from a laundry detergent bottle. It fits perfectly inside the spool tube. It lifts out when little hands want to color. 



In my pursuit to get closer to God I am incorporating an impromptu Bible study. I hope you will follow along with me on my quest to learn more and be a better Christian. 

Today’s word associated with this pin is “crafty.” Before looking up the definition and the meaning according to the Bible it didn’t occur to me that the word I often call myself actually has a negative connotation if used improperly. 

According to www.dictionary.com crafty means, “skillful in underhand or evil schemes; cunning; deceitful; sly.”

And, in the ESV Bible crafty is directly referenced twice once in Genesis 3:1 and then again in 2 Corinthians 12:16 when Paul addressed the Corinthians-- both not referring to scrapbooking!

The word crafty has taken a few jogs around the block and now it is most commonly associated with someone that is creative and skillful, such as a DIYer, sewist or artist. That’s what I think of when I define it in my head. 

What do you think? Comments and questions are always welcome. 

Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you have fun crafting

Until next time,

Melissa Merkler

My desk is a little more organized now that all of this junk is contained to a box instead of floating around getting in the way. Phew, Day 1 is complete. Good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment